Strive Supply Chain are a UK wide specialist recruitment agency and recruitment business as defined in the Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (our business). We collect the personal data of the following types of people to allow us to undertake our business;
• Prospective and placed candidates for permanent roles; • Prospective and live client contacts; • Supplier contacts to support our services; • Employees & consultants; • Contracting
We will remain responsible for the management and security of jointly used Personal Information that you submit to Strive Supply Chain & our associated businesses.
We take data protection seriously and understand the importance of protecting your privacy and Personal Information. "Personal Information" is information that identifies you as an individual such as your name, date of birth, email address, IP address and CV.
How do we collect information from you?
The majority of Personal Information supplied freely by you is via your CV or job cover letter to a job application. Likewise information that is freely available actioned by you via social media including for example Linked-in & various job boards where you have uploaded & made available your details.
Please do not submit such Personal Information to us if you do not wish us to collect it.
However, please be aware, some Personal Information may include information you voluntarily, but unintentionally provided to us for example, if you express preferences regarding searches for jobs.
We also collect information from:
• our website (the "Website"); • the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the "Apps"); • cookies ("Cookies"); • publically available information; and • other tools and applications (our "Online Content").
Where the data came from?
All data will have been sourced via:
1. Your direct application for advertised jobs via ourselves via job boards [Strive Supply Chain & associated companies]. For clarity this includes CV details & covering letters as supplied by you the "Candidate" / "Job seeker" in response to an advertised job / career opportunity.
2. Your direct applications via our own recruitment website job application online portal.
3. Sourcing via job boards: If you the "Candidate" / "Job seeker" have uploaded &/or registered with a job board to help you search for and get a job we may access your CV Information. You will have made this available in accordance to the GDPR / data protection terms as set out by the job boards to which you have registered.
Personal Information we collect about you may also include the following:
• General identification and contact information: your name; address; email; IP address; telephone details; gender; marital/family status; date and place of birth; physical attributes including photos; whether or not you hold a driving licence that enable identification of job search • Other sensitive information that may be volunteered by you to include: trade union membership, religious beliefs, political opinions or racial or ethical origin, and criminal record. • Information from Apps: submitted comments to the Site, participate in message boards related to our businesses, blogs, emails you send to us or any other user generated content facility • Publically available information in relation to your professional history: This may include educational & related qualifications, employment history, skills and experience, professional qualifications, licenses and affiliations. • References both personal & business [as supplied by you the "Candidate" / "Job seeker"]
What legal basis do we rely on to process your Personal Information?
Strive supply Chain processes your data with your consent. For example, we rely on consent when we send career opportunities/job search information, industry news & any related career marketing information. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Data processing is necessary to fulfil a contract
Strive Supply Chain may process your data when required to fulfil a contract with you, such as to send your CV to an employer for a specific job application.
Strive Supply Chain also processes your data when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
Our legitimate interests include:
• ensuring the security and integrity of our Services and in ensuring that our Websites and Apps operate effectively; • selling and supplying goods and services to our customers; • protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare; • promoting & marketing our services; • understanding our customers' behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs; • improving existing products and services and developing new products and services; • handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes; and • fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues and other stakeholders.
The processing is necessary because of a legal obligation that applies
Strive Supply Chain may process your data to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations eg preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies
Who we will share your personal data with?
We will only share your CV / career data & contact details with our Client contacts/Customers in the pursuit of a career opportunity for you & on your behalf. They will be subject to the same GDPR rules when receiving your personal data.
If required we may also be legally be asked to share data with Governmental authorities and third parties involved in court action
We may share Personal Information with governmental or other public authorities (including, but not limited to, workers' compensation boards, courts, law enforcement, tax authorities and criminal investigations agencies); and third-party civil legal process participants and their accountants, auditors, lawyers and other advisors and representatives as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
A. to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
B. to comply with legal process;
C. to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
D. to enforce our terms and conditions;
E. to protect our operations or those of any of our group companies;
F. to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and that of our group companies, you or others; and
G. to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
How we use your Personal data?
We use Personal data to do some or all of the following:
• Communicate with you as part of our business; • Send you important information regarding changes to our policies, other terms and conditions, the Strive Website and App and other administrative information; • Carry out market research and analysis, including satisfaction surveys; • Provide marketing, industry news information to you. • Comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to auditing; IT systems; data and website hosting; business continuity; and records, document and print management; • Resolve complaints, and handle requests for data access or correction; • Comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws outside your country of residence), such as those relating to anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism; comply with legal process; and respond to requests from public and governmental authorities (including those outside your country of residence); • Establish and defend legal rights; protect our operations, our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our associated companies, you or others; and pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
International Transfers of Personal Information
Personal Information which you supply to us is generally stored and kept inside the United Kingdom [European Economic Area]
How can you manage or delete Personal Information?
When you access our website online, we store some information about you. This is anonymous and used for statistical purposes.
Please note that Strive Supply Chain reserves the right to remove from our database, CVs which include any content that we consider to be illegal or offensive.
You can request to delete your details & data held by us at any time via email to
with the subject line "Permanently delete my information and account" specifying your full name & contact details.
Strive Supply Chain is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure from unauthorised access or unauthorised alterations & the disclosure or destruction of information that we hold.
Our security measures include: -
• encryption of our services and data; • review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures; • restrict access to personal access to personal information to Strive Supply Chain employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to contractual confidentiality and processing obligations. They may be disciplined or their contract terminated if they fail to meet these obligations; and • internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
Additional Services for Website and App
Push notifications - We will ask for your consent before using information for any purpose.
If you use the Strive Website or App, you may also consent to push notifications, text messages, alerts, emails or other types of messages directly sent to you via your mobile device or desktop browser.
Your Rights: How long we intend to store your data & your right to be forgotten:
We will retain your data for a period of 2 years. During this period you will have "the right to be forgotten" & upon express written request your details will be permanently deleted or to rectify or access data, to restrict processing, to withdraw consent & to be kept informed about the processing of your data.
In summary: You have the following rights:
• the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently Â£10); • the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and • (as set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
To exercise your rights to your data, request data to delete, rectify or restrict processing of your data contact us via email
or write to Suite 2, Wellington Road North, Stockport, SK4 1AF. Please state clearly your full name & contact details.
Children and minors
Strive Supply Chain is not directed towards individuals under the age of sixteen (16)
Individuals under the age of sixteen (16) are expressly prohibited from using the Strive Supply Chain Website and App, unless parental consent is provided and we are notified.
Third Party Privacy Practices
Please note that although we require customers who use our services, such as employers seeking to recruit staff, to agree to use the information made available solely for recruitment-related purposes, we do not control their use of any information that they have access to as part of receiving our services.
Who to contact about your Personal Information
The data controller responsible for your information is Strive Supply Chain.
If you have any questions about this policy or our use of your Personal Information you can email:
or write to the Data Protection Officer, Strive Supply Chain Suite 2. Beckwith House, 1 Wellington Road North Stockport SK4 1AF. If you do not think we are handling your Personal Information adequately, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. Further information, including contact details, are available at https://ico.org.uk.
Strive Supply Chain Services Ltd is a limited company registeredin England No 08745109. Whose registered office address is Strive Supply Chain Services Ltd, 683-693 Wilmslow Road, Didsbury, Manchester, M20 6RE
Stable Cottage, The Wyastone Business Park, Wyastone Leys, Monmouth, NP25 3SR T: 01633 980 445 E: