Transport Shift Manager (Days)
Strive Supply Chain
are a leading management recruitment consultancy, specialising in Supply Chain,
Production, Planning, Logistics, Transport & Warehouse Operations, please
visit our website at www.strive.co.uk or join us on twitter at
twitter.com/strivellp for further vacancies and information.
Our client is a leading e-commerce
fulfilment Distribution Company in the Northwest and, due to exciting growth, we
are delighted to assist them in their search for a Transport Shift Manager at
their site near Middleton, based on a 4on, 4off shift pattern, 6am-6pm.
into the Site Manager, with a large fleet and driver teams, you will be expected to
assist and support the Site Manager in the effective running of a busy operation,
ensuring that Operational KPIs are met and that the operations are conducted
strictly in accordance with legal requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities as Transport Shift Manager:
- To support the Site Manager, Operations Manager & Driver
Trainer in their effective running of the site & operation.
- Ensure that all legal, company and statutory requirements
concerning the transport operation are adhered to and that records are
correctly completed and maintained in accordance to the procedure.
- Effectively manage, lead and support your Supervisors &
- To ensure driver de-brief is carried out.
- To order, monitor and reconcile fuel consumption on the
- Manage the production of accurate customer service and
- Ensure that the Site Manager is made aware of all accidents,
dangerous occurrences & near misses and that the relevant reports are investigated
- Ensure that all daily vehicle check, vehicle inspection &
defect reporting procedures are in place and managed.
- Managing/authorising drivers/assistants holidays ensuring all
holiday requests have been accrued.
- Planning managerial/ASM holiday/sickness cover from existing
- Managers CPC qualification would be a bonus.
- Experience in an FMCG Transport
- Have a full understanding of Logistics transport
- Have excellent organizational, communication and and time
- Knowledge of MS Office applications.
Click here to return to the search results