Chain are a leading management recruitment consultancy, specialising in Supply
Chain, Production, Planning, Logistics, Transport & Warehouse Operations,
please visit our website at www.strive.co.uk or join us on twitter at
twitter.com/strivellp for further vacancies and information.
Our client is a niche
3PL, specialising in the distribution of multi-temp product to Major Retailers.
Due to unprecedented growth, we are delighted to assist them in their search
for a Traffic Clerk, to be based at their site in Crewe, Staffordshire on 4on, 4off 12hour night shift pattern.
Reporting into the Operations
Support Manager, these roles are front facing roles, responsible for the
effective despatch & debriefing of drivers, issuing paperwork and ensuring
that reports & administration is accurate, up to date and in real time.
as Traffic Clerk:
- Ensure smooth running of the transport office
so that it is efficient
- Liaising with inbound and outbound drivers,
internal and external customers, workshop and warehouse.
- Ensure that accurate and up to date
information and communications are passed to the driver to enable a safe
and cost-effective service.
- Live de-brief drivers on return routes,
capturing relevant data including standard trip sheets, returns, equipment
and discrepancies – escalate where necessary
- Taking calls and communicating issues.
- Operate relevant MHE (if applicable /
permitted & authorised) safely and in accordance with the correct
- Report any accidents as soon as possible and
in compliance with Buffaload Logistics’ accident reporting procedure
- Provide support in the Yard as required by
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures,
including the Uniform Guidelines and Health and Safety Policy
- Carry out other relevant reasonable management
requests as required by your Line Manager
- Understanding of WTD, Tachograph legislation
and EU legislation;
- Recognition of Success
- Management of the driver rotas, allocation of
- Management of customer portals
- Experience in
a distribution/manufacturing environment
working within an administration /planning role;
- Familiar with
using fleet telematics such as verilocation and ISOtrack
of O’Licence requirements.
communication and customer service skills; towards colleagues and
and organisation skills
Attention to detail and problem solving
- Drive company
Click here to return to the search results