Supply Chain are a leading management recruitment consultancy, specialising in
Supply Chain, Production, Planning, Logistics, Transport & Warehouse
Operations, please visit our website at www.strive.co.uk or join us on twitter
at twitter.com/strivellp for further vacancies and information.
client is a niche 3PL, specialising in the distribution of multi-temp product
to Major Retailers. Due to unprecedented growth, we are delighted to assist
them in their search for a Traffic Clerk, to be based at their site in Crewe,
Staffordshire on 4on, 4off 12hour shift
into the Operations Support Manager, these roles are front facing roles,
responsible for the effective despatch & debriefing of drivers, issuing
paperwork and ensuring that reports & administration is accurate, up to
date and in real time.
Responsibilities as Traffic Clerk:
- Ensure smooth running of the transport office so that it is
- Liaising with inbound and outbound drivers, internal and external
customers, workshop and warehouse.
- Ensure that accurate and up to date information and communications
are passed to the driver to enable a safe and cost-effective service.
- Live de-brief drivers on return routes, capturing relevant data
including standard trip sheets, returns, equipment and discrepancies –
escalate where necessary
- Taking calls and communicating issues.
- Operate relevant MHE (if applicable / permitted & authorised)
safely and in accordance with the correct procedures
- Report any accidents as soon as possible and in compliance with
Buffaload Logistics’ accident reporting procedure
- Provide support in the Yard as required by Operations
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, including the Uniform
Guidelines and Health and Safety Policy
- Carry out other relevant reasonable management requests as required
by your Line Manager
- Understanding of WTD, Tachograph legislation and EU legislation;
- Recognition of Success
- Management of the driver rotas, allocation of fleet
- Management of customer portals
- Experience in a distribution/manufacturing
- Experience working within an administration
- Familiar with using fleet telematics such as
verilocation and ISOtrack
- Understanding of O’Licence requirements.
- Excellent communication and customer service
skills; towards colleagues and customers
- Prioritisation and organisation skills
Attention to detail and problem solving
- Drive company engagement agenda
- Driving continuous improvement
Click here to return to the search results