Section Leader (Nights)
Supply Chain are a leading management recruitment consultancy, specialising in
Supply Chain, Production, Planning, Logistics, Transport & Warehouse
Operations, please visit our website at www.strive.co.uk or join us on twitter
at twitter.com/strivellp for further vacancies and information.
client is a niche 3PL, specialising in the distribution of multi-temp product
to Major Retailers. Due to an unprecedented growth, we are delighted to assist
them in their search for a Transport Section Leader at their site in
Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire on a 4on, 4off basis (7pm-7am).
into the Depot Manager, your primary focus will be to support with the
management of drivers along with ensuring safety, service, engagement and legal
compliance’s are met.
Responsibilities as Transport Section Leader:
- Ensure safe and efficient running of the transport office
- Support Transport Admin to ensure the control of inbound and
outbound drivers along with sub-contract/agency drivers
- Ensuring that live de-briefing in line with telematics system
- Overseeing general administrative duties including pods, returns
- Liaise with Customer Service Team
- Ensure the control and monitoring of driver and legal compliance.
- Apply a joined-up approach with planning to ensure the effective
management of the Enterprise system.
- Maintain system and procedure to ensure accurate data entry to
produce business metrics
- Control of returnable; pallets, trays, dollies e
- Manage and maintain company standards
- Ensure Transport (Drivers) is compliant with all aspects of health
and safety legislation.
- Maximise operational efficiencies
- Escalating challenges through the correct channels
- Ensure legal compliance with EU Legislation and WTD.
- Adhere to and enforce all Company
policy and processes
- Managing and monitoring service levels in line with metrics and SLA’s
- Resource the plan; effectively manage rota, absence, holidays,
communicate with drivers
- Objective setting and driver performance of teams; 1:1’s,
disciplinary’s, absence management
- Control and sign off weekly/monthly payroll
- Manage the People Agenda; modelling the required behaviours
- Effective working relationship with Workshop managing VOR in line
with service requirements (and overdue service)
- Effectively manage the shunters and associates tasks
- Hygiene, health, safety and quality; units, trailers, yard
- Fuel control
- Identifying the business requirement for change resulting in
recruitment; ability to produce business case/costings.
Candidate for Transport Section Leader:
- Experience in a FMCG distribution environment.
- Experience with Transport Management systems such as Enterprise.
- Familiar with using fleet telematics such as verilocation,
- Understanding of O’Licence requirements
- Previous experience working within a similar chilled
/ multi-temp environment
- Experience with planning systems
- Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Excel - use of Pivot tables)
Click here to return to the search results