Strive Supply Chain are a leading management recruitment
consultancy, specialising in Supply Chain, Production, Planning,
Logistics, Transport & Warehouse Operations, please visit our
website or join us on twitter @strivellp for further vacancies and
Our client is a leading FMCG Distribution
Company in the UK and, due to an exciting major contract win, we are
delighted to assist them in their search for a team of Transport Shift
Managers at their site in Hertfordshire.
These roles are based on a 12hour 4on, 4off shift pattern, monthly rotation of 7am-7pm / 7pm-7am.
into the Transport Manager, with 100 Drivers and fleet of 100 Units,
you will be expected to assist the Transport Manager in the effective
running of a busy transport operation, ensuring that Operational KPIs
are met and that the operations are conducted strictly in accordance
with legal requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities as Transport Shift Manager:
that all legal, company and statutory requirements concerning the
transport operation are adhered to and that records are correctly
completed and maintained in accordance to the procedure.
- To ensure routes for failed deliveries and error recoveries have been planned.
- Investigate and report on all customer complaints regarding transport staff.
- To ensure driver de-brief is carried out.
- To order, monitor and reconcile fuel consumption on the distribution model.
- To ensure all Paperwork & MDT compliance is adhered to by all drivers, actioning where necessary.
- To assist in routing next day deliveries and being heavily involved in weekly/daily plan.
the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff as required to cover
business peaks in conjunction with the HR department. Particular
attention is to reduce agency staff.
- Manage the production of accurate customer service and operational KPI’s.
that the Transport Manager & the H&S Manager are made aware of
all accidents, dangerous occurrences & near misses and that the
relevant reports are completed for all such incidents.
- Ensure that all daily vehicle check, vehicle inspection & defect reporting procedures are in place and managed by the ASM.
- Updating the KPI board ensuring all the relevant information & figures are captured daily.
- Managing/authorising drivers/assistants holidays ensuring all holiday requests have been accrued.
- Planning managerial/ASM holiday/sickness cover from existing driver pool.
- Gained or be studying towards a CPC qualification.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a FMCG Transport Management environment
- Have an understanding of Logistics and LGV vehicles.
- Have good organisational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications.
Apply now for immediate consideration.
Supply Chain Limited [& associated businesses] acts as an
employment agency on behalf of external employers for the provision of
permanent staff. By applying for this vacancy, you accept the T&C`s,
Click here to return to the search results