client is a leading FMCG Distribution Company in the UK and, due to an exciting
major new contract win, we are delighted to assist them in their search for a Warehouse
Supervisor at their site in Hertfordshire, on a Sunday to Thursday, 1330hrs to
into the Warehouse Manager, with a team of c50FTEs, as Warehouse Supervisor,
you will be expected to lead your team on a day to day basis in achieving
productivity targets, customer service targets, (internal and external) through
Key Responsibilities for Warehouse Supervisor:
· Ensure team members achieve the standards set
by the management.
· Communicate the required standards to team
members and ensure that they clearly understand their responsibility
and coach team members to achieve standards
· Monitor team performance and behaviour, where
necessary take corrective action to achieve agreed standards
· Carry out performance reviews to the
development of his/her team to achieve fulfil their potential.
· Motivate team members to achieve standards, by communicating
performance targets, areas for improvement, giving praise and recognition for achievement or improvement.
· Ensure that their team understand company
policies and procedures where it affects day to day activities.
· Implement change and continuous improvement
objectives as agreed with the depot management
· Be visible in leading their team and area in maintaining
and improving safety standards with the objective of zero accidents.
· Take appropriate measures to minimise stock
loss and cost of credits in their area
· Maintain standards of housekeeping and
hygiene in line with depot quality and safety standards
The Candidate for
- From a similar FMCG Environment
- Ability to lead large teams in delivering target performance and
- Possess a proven track record for delivering a consistently high
operational performance in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Have extensive experience of managing a large diverse work force in
a time critical environment requiring demanding levels of productivity and
accuracy in line with Contract requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, and possess
excellent influencing, negotiating and motivational skills.
- Proactively develop and train warehouse management team to raise
the capability of the overall function
- Understand the nature of costs and benefits to the Company both
qualitative and quantitative.
Click here to return to the search results