client is a leading FMCG Distribution Company in the UK and, due to an exciting
major contract win, we are delighted to assist them in their search for a team
of Transport Shift Managers at their site in Hertfordshire.
roles are based on a 12hour 4on, 4off shift pattern, monthly rotation of 7am-7pm
Reporting into the Transport Manager, with 100 Drivers and fleet
of 100 Units, you will be expected to assist the Transport
Manager in the effective running of a busy transport operation, ensuring that Operational
KPIs are met and that the operations are conducted strictly in accordance with
Responsibilities as Transport Shift Manager:
- Ensure that all legal, company and statutory requirements
concerning the transport operation are adhered to and that records are
correctly completed and maintained in accordance to the procedure.
- To ensure routes for failed deliveries and error recoveries
have been planned.
- Investigate and report on all customer complaints regarding
- To ensure driver de-brief is carried out.
- To order, monitor and reconcile fuel consumption on the
- To ensure all Paperwork & MDT compliance is adhered to by
all drivers, actioning where necessary.
- To assist in routing next day deliveries and being heavily
involved in weekly/daily plan.
- Manage the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff as
required to cover business peaks in conjunction with the HR department.
Particular attention is to reduce agency staff.
- Manage the production of accurate customer service and
- Ensure that the Transport Manager & the H&S Manager
are made aware of all accidents, dangerous occurrences & near misses
and that the relevant reports are completed for all such incidents.
- Ensure that all daily vehicle check, vehicle inspection &
defect reporting procedures are in place and managed by the ASM.
Click here to return to the search results