client is a leading 3PL in the UK and we are delighted to assist them in their
search for a General Manager, to be based at their multi-temperature site in Nottinghamshire.
into the Operations Director, you will take full accountability, providing
direction to attain control and monitor all temperature controlled departments
/ shifts to ensure the completion of all daily functions fully, safely and
accurately in compliance with the company H&S Procedures / Safety and
Working Procedures & to maintain the team relationship within the depot and
the company’s centralised functions.
- To direct, monitor and control all Shift and Department Managers in
the performance of their allocated functions. Ensure that targets and
standards are achieved and procedures followed as specified in their Job
- Ensure the completion of all auditable functions / records required
by the Company such as Health and Safety Compliance and to audit paperwork
for the depot to ensure compliance from first line management and to raise
awareness of the food safety system (HACCP) throughout the site.
- Ensure proper and correct use of the Warehouse Management Systems
and regularly run reports and checks to monitor site performance. Deliver
and explain results to Shift Managers and equivalents as required through
regular meetings and briefings.
- Ensure the stock administration function operates to customer
driven specifics and all work is undertaken in a timely manner to
satisfactory standards for our site based key performance indicators
- To ensure that discipline procedures are followed as required by
the company and those records are maintained accurately and correspondence
with the HR department is accurate and failsafe.
- You should provide a safe workplace environment without risk to
health, ensuring all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and
regulations are communicated and adhered to.
- You will maintain a proactive approach towards all H&S
orientated issues and always endeavour to improve and maintain a positive
health & safety culture.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience of managing
large teams within a temperature controlled distribution function
- Able to demonstrate an excellent
ability to monitor and control costs & maximize operational efficiency
- A leader, who is able to support
and engage their team, offering coaching and motivation to others
- You will be able to lead your
teams though a combination of KPIs and hands-on presence, helping the
operation to drive through continuous improvement.
you will be able to display excellent commercial and financial acumen.
role offers a defined career path within the company and is one not to be
now for immediate consideration
Click here to return to the search results