National Transport Manager
c£55k Package + Bens
Strive are genuinely
excited to be working with a very well established, privately owned FMCG
manufacturer & distributor. A full review of their transport
structures & plans for the future has led to the creation of a
senior role to take full charge of c80 vehicles across 7 UK sites.
is a fantastic opportunity for a people focussed Transport professional
to lead & develop the transport operation & to design customer
focussed solutions. You will cover end-to-end responsibility for
logistics and play a key role in commercialising the logistics platform
and providing support to the Operations Director.
of the Transport Legislation and European Working Time Directive rules
and regulations that apply in the transport environment.
- A proven CPC holding Transport manager who has managed multi-site operations
- Comfortable with travel as & when required to other sites
- Will have a serious outlook on all areas of compliance & H&S
- Effective communication and able to build relationships
- Financially & commercially aware including managing budgets
- PC Literate
- Proven track record of managing logistics supplier performance
Role & responsibilities:
for Transport and Distribution activities across 3 production sites and
4 supporting smaller satellite depots ensuring departure and delivery
times are met in line with customer expectations.
- Review and
manage the logistics function and fleet costs including, leasing,
servicing and maintenance of vehicles, proposing initiatives that will
support cost reductions within the management of the fleet and location
of satellite depots in line with the overall annual budget of 7.5
- Drive continuous improvement across all areas to
improve efficiencies, behaviours and productivity whilst maintaining a
high level of service to the customer base.
and deliver KPI and management information in line with both internal
and external customer SLAs and business objectives.
- Identify issues related to shipment and delivery.
for complying, agreeing and monitoring necessary audit measures to
ensure compliance in line with statutory legislation, VOSA and Working
- Review & deliver where needed training.
Ensure all drivers are trained in line with mandatory and legislative
requirements in accordance with Company Policy.
- Investigation of
all accidents and near misses (both vehicles and employees), completion
of initial documentation for submission to Company Insurers.
for the delivery of people management including maintaining the correct
staffing levels and supporting the logistic team to deliver excellent
customer focused results.
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety to comply with the Company’s policies and legislation
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate the Company’s Visions and Values
- To comply with all legal and statutory obligations applicable to the role
- Participate in training and personal development activities as required
This is a fantastic opportunity to reshape & develop a complex, fast moving transport operation.
We look forward to your application.
Note re GDPR rules & CV retention:
take your data & privacy seriously. We may retain your details on
the basis of legitimate interest & in accordance with GDPR rules. We
will only use your email address & contact detailsto inform you
about related job opportunities, industry news & general advice
accessed here: http://www.strive.co.uk/privacy_gdpr.asp
Click here to return to the search results