Fleet & Maintenance Manager
£30k - £35k (DOE)
Our client is one of the UK’s leading retailers with a fantastic and
growing footprint across the UK and we are delighted to assist them in their
search for an experienced and knowledgeable Fleet & Compliance Assistant
Manager to cover all fleet, compliance and legislation activities.
into and assisting the Fleet & Compliance Manager, you will be responsible
for the day to day maintenance functions within their own VMU’s ensuring all operations
including and vehicle compliance is adhered to, in order to maintain strict O’
Working shifts are Monday – Friday 09:00-17:30 based in Liverpool
however, some national travel may be required to assist at other depots.
Key Responsibilities as Fleet & Compliance Assistant Manager:
will look to maintain the fleet of vehicles, trailers and MHE to a good
operating condition by offering a cost-effective fleet maintenance
solution through analysis of fleet data and within budget.
all KPI measures and key tasks are continually met and exceeded.
- Be fully
aware of and ensure compliance of all company equipment set out under
operator licences, DVSA, legislation etc.
- Responsible for managing the complete maintenance program for the
fleet of vehicles, trailers and MHE equipment, minimising VOR time and
incorporating Safety, Health and Environmental compliance at all times.
- Provide daily fleet reports across all operations including VOR and
damage & repair costs.
- Investigate root causes of any outside
authority issuing any fleet with a non-compliance notice.
- Monitor and manage fleet damage, identifying
trends and putting in place preventative actions.
- Build strong
working relationships with fleet maintenance providers to ensure
turnaround times are kept to a minimum.
- Keep an up to date system record of all vehicle, trailer and MHE
maintenance, accidents and repairs including VOR time.
- Manage recovery and repair as necessary for fleet
vehicles and trailers.
- Maintain a
system to carry out regular maintenance checks/inspections and audits on
the fleet also checking for vehicle cleanliness and roadworthiness.
- Using TachoMaster be responsible for driver
- Work closely with and communicate with
managers and operators on Fleet Compliance issues.
- Ensure all relevant paperwork is maintained to
the legal requirements.
- Produce reports including
vehicle inspection reports for the management team.
- Manage compliance to ensure legal obligations.
ideal Candidate for Fleet Compliance Manager:
- Excellent legislation,
compliance and vehicle maintenance knowledge.
- Previous experience of
the management (servicing, inspection, maintenance and repair) of general
fleet of commercial vehicles/MHE.
- Desirable – Managers CPC
- The ability to work unsupervised and to
achieve tight deadlines.
- Strong IT skills (Word, Excel, Outlook,
Transport Management Systems – Road Runner, Falcon, TachoMaster and
Drivecam powered by Lytx) with experience of
managing and maintaining vehicle and driver data via a Transport
- Ability to deal effectively and
patiently with others.
- Energy, drive and ability to motivate others around you.
- Proven people and workload prioritisation skills.
- Flexibility in working hours.
- Good communication and influencing skills.
- Able to pay strict attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a
dynamic environment and work well under pressure.
- Excellent organisational skills and good at solving problems.
This is a fantastic opportunity
to join the UK’s fastest growing retailer who continues to grow and invest back
into the business and it’s people to ensure longevity and success.
Note re GDPR
rules & CV retention:
We take your
data & privacy seriously. We may retain your details on the basis of
legitimate interest & in accordance with GDPR rules. We will only use your
email address & contact details to inform you about related job opportunities,
accessed here: http://www.strive.co.uk/privacy_gdpr.asp
Click here to return to the search results