Cross Dock Warehouse
£28.5k + Benefits
Our client offers a wide range of
supply chain solutions for businesses that require an extra level of quality
and care for their products. The distribution, warehousing and courier
divisions have grown year on year.
Due to increased volumes of deliveries and
collections flowing through the distribution site, there is an exciting
opportunity for a Warehouse Shift Manager to join the Warehouse team overseeing
the afternoon cross dock warehouse operation at their RDC in Crick (NN6).
Reporting to the Operations Managers this key role
is responsible and accountable for all afternoon cross-dock
activities/operations. By empowering the team, you will develop a high
performing warehouse team that will focus on delivering the effective running
of warehouse and transport operations. Responsible for the safe, efficient and
cost-effective management of all identified key tasks, whilst ensuring the team
are working to the required standards.
- Own, lead and manage all afternoon warehouse shift activity to
achieve an efficient cross dock operation.
for scheduling all cross-dock activity working with all departments.
dock operatives and a varied amount of temporary labour in the
transloading of freight.
all administrative personnel associated with the cross-dock.
that product is transloaded correctly and proper procedures and safety
codes are followed by all personnel.
initiatives to benefit and improve all facets of the cross-dock operation.
- All pallets marshalled correctly ensuring the floor is effectively
prepared for the nightshift.
- Printing PODs for pallets out for next day delivery and labels for
pallets coming in on our vehicles.
- Review all afternoon deliveries, prepare stock, load vehicles.
- Check customer loads/manifests (normally Ideal)
- Walk the floor, checking all pallets on the floor are labelled
correctly and sorted.
- Daily handover of morning to afternoon shift, daily handover of
manifests to warehouse nights team.
and incidents – identify root causes and any reporting trends, advising on
possible remedial action, taking a proactive approach on analysis for
prevention and deliver improvements.
- Ensure that all employee relations activity,
such as absence management, performance management, disciplinary
proceedings and the training and development of your team is carried out
in line with Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all relevant warehouse standard/safe operating
procedures, are trained out to the team.
- Ensure the warehouse operation complies with all quality and health
and safety procedures whilst striving to achieve zero accidents per
100,000 hours worked.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of a busy cross-dock
operation, pallet network or 3PL operation
- Excellent leadership,
motivational and people management
- Able to work
to time sensitive deadlines
and prioritise work
understanding of a target driven
- Good numeracy, spoken and written communication skills
- Strong IT skills (Word,
Excel, Outlook, Transport
- Counterbalance Forklift and PPT licences
- Manual Handling experience and ability to work in a physically
- Able to pay strict
attention to detail
now for immediate consideration!
Note re GDPR rules & CV retention:
We take your data & privacy seriously. We may retain your details on
the basis of legitimate interest & in accordance with GDPR rules. We will
only use your email address & contact details to
inform you about related job opportunities, industry news & general advice
Click here to return to the search results