Strive Supply Chain are a leading management
recruitment consultancy, specialising in Supply Chain, Production,
Planning, Logistics, Transport & Warehouse Operations, please visit
our website at www.strive.co.uk or join us on twitter at
twitter.com/strivellp for further vacancies and information.
client is an ambitious FMCG Distributor with exciting growth plans for
the future. We are delighted to assist them in their search for a
Transport Planner, to be based at their site in Crick, Northamptonshire,
on a Monday – Friday basis (1900hrs – 0300hrs).
to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for planning
multi-drop transport movements around the UK, on a day 1 for day 2 basis
ensuring maximum utilisation of vehicles whilst minimising cost.
As Transport Planner, you will be expected to:
- Maximise both vehicle and driver resource to affect the plan in the most cost-effective manner.
- Utilising Paragon, ensure timed deliveries are planned accordingly
- Work closely with customers through regular communication and updates regarding the status of the daily transport plan.
- Support the Operations Manager with fleet and driver compliance including accident reporting and investigations.
Skills and Experience of the Transport Planner
- Experienced Transport Planner with good knowledge of systems – ideally Paragon
- Previous logistics/transport planning experience within a busy fast-paced distribution environment
- Able to pay strict attention to detail
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK
- Full understanding of tachograph legislation, driving limits and working time directive
- Excellent numeracy, spoken and written communication skills
Click here to return to the search results